Coronavirus (COVID-19) Announcement
In response to ongoing developments of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are closely monitoring developments and have implemented strict routines in line with health authorities. We are taking a precautionary approach to enhance the safety and well being of our employees, business partners and the public. This is a top priority at Horizon Auto Logistics.
All our facilities remain open and are operating as usual, while we do understand the severity and concerns surrounding the outbreak and have taken several measures in this regard. We kindly ask that all business partners and visitors to our terminals do the same.
To as far as possible contain this epidemic from spreading further, we have enhanced our hygiene practices in the following ways:
- We are increasing our cleaning frequency of high-traffic areas and high-touch items, including but not limited to doorknobs, light switches, banisters, phones and restrooms.
- In particular, the documentation delivery section of our terminals is being additionally sanitized, and we limit the number of people in this area to enhance social distancing.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations have been added throughout our terminal buildings and in the documentation delivery section of our terminals.
- The bathrooms will remain stocked with hand soap, sanitizers and paper towels.
- Any travel has been postponed and only critical domestic travel will be allowed.
- Meetings and visitor activities are cancelled as far as possible and will be allowed only for critical operational matters.
We will continue to monitor information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Federal and State health authorities, closely following their guidelines and provide any necessary updates to help keep our facilities clean and our communities safe.
As a reminder, the DOH recommends that all practice general flu prevention measures including:
- Wash your hands regularly – keep in mind the 20 second rule.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or sleeve. Then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Most importantly, stay home if you’re feeling sick.
- Call your doctor and let them know your symptoms and travel history.
More information on the COVID-19 virus can be found on the WHO website.
It is important at times like these to remain sensible and rational, we will soon be in calmer waters.
Horizon Auto Logistics